9:00 a.m. & 10:00 a.m.
Education Hour @ 7:00 p.m.
Bethlehem Lutheran believes we are “Held in Grace” through the sacrament of Baptism. Baptism is where we are welcomed into a living relationship with our God. We practice infant baptism but are always open to baptizing adults.
If you wish to schedule a baptism please call the church office at 235-6522 and be prepared to offer the following information to the secretary.
1. Name of the baptized.
2. Name of the parents.
3. Date and worship time that you would like.
4. Name of the sponsors
Sponsors and Parents should be baptized. They do not need to be Lutheran or a member of Bethlehem. If it is an infant baptism we hope that Parents and Sponsors understand why we are open to infant baptism and supportive of infant baptism.
Things you should know:
1. We try to not to schedule Baptisms on the first Sunday of the month as we celebrate the Sacrament of Holy Communion and do not want to rush the worship service.
2. Private baptisms may be scheduled. These are most often scheduled following the 10:45 worship service, but may be scheduled during the week as our pastors’ schedules allow.
3. You will receive certificates for the Baptized and for the Sponsors, so correct spelling of names is very important.
4. You will receive a baptism book.
5. You will receive a baby quilt from Bethlehem’s Quilters.